Are you an experienced engineer looking for a new startup opportunity?
Do you want to design and develop something great?
Great! Read on!
Titan X is looking for a top-tier Senior Software Engineer to join our incredible team.
Who are we?
Titan X is building proprietary context-based Natural Language Understanding technology to power the world’s smoothest customer experiences. From qualifying leads for real estate investors to transforming customer service in the largest industries, our technology will do it all, and will get smarter with each new challenge we tackle.
We are a dynamic startup company, with a collaborative team culture where every individual has the opportunity to make an impact. You can work with us in a fully remote capacity from anywhere.
You can learn more about us on our website here.
What’s the gig?
We’re searching for a knowledgeable software engineer to join our rapidly scaling, product-focused startup. We’re looking for an architecture expert – someone to continue the direction and speed of development as we go to launch.
Things you’ll do:
- Have a ton of say over what the architecture of the software looks like.
- Translate product vision into technical specifics.
- Help bring on, train, and mentor new team members for our growing engineering team to continue its high standards.
- Develop, document, and test run software architecture and design.
- Build your own code, review peers' code, and confirm product requirements in production.
- Help oversee automated testing, strategize, and give feedback.
Who exactly are we looking for?
In short, does this sound like you? Someone that is:
- Autonomous. You thrive in settings where you have little hand-holding.
- Experienced. You have extensive knowledge inside of the industry and bring with you lived experiences to help guide important decision-making.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Strategic. You’re able to visualize a proposed system and build it – keeping in mind the variables that will influence success along the way.
- Team player. You can be counted on and take pride in contributing to the success of the group.
For this role, you ideally have:
- 4+ years of experience with Web development frameworks like NodeJS, and REACT.
- Strong experience with AWS services like EC2, ELB, Lambda. AppSync and Cognito as well as CI/CD pipelines for those services.
- The drive to discuss, debate, and ultimately decide on “the why” when choosing architectures and technologies we use.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, no matter the person you’re dealing with.
Bonus if you have:
- Worked in a startup before (if you know, you know).
- Experience being part of a team that has taken a SaaS product from 0 to 1.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Work from nearly anywhere.
- Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest -- we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- (Prefer to be in-person part or all of the time? We have an office space in LA.)
- Startup culture with big aspirations.
- We’re a startup with lots of ambition -- you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement. Basically, your say matters.
- Flexible hours.
- We have a completely distributed, asynchronous team. Results based, not time based.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and public holiday policy.
- Just throw us some notice and share where you go on holiday!
- Equity share.
- We want to show faith in our leadership team -- a part of that is understanding that you get a piece of the pie as we continue to scale.
- Competitive wages.
- Salary range of 140-190k, based on experience.
- Medical insurance options.
- I mean, we’re in a pandemic; is this even up for debate?
- Planned team retreats in really fun spots.
- When travel restrictions ease up, we’ll be collaborating and celebrating from time to time in person.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply below anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please sneak the word ‘smooth’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.